Monday, March 18, 2013

SHRIMP PAD THAI!! YUM!!! :D

Here is one of the delicious dishes I made today. It comes from Thailand, and it is called Shrimp Pad Thai. This dish can also be made with any other type of meat, and in my opinion tastes great with any type of meat. It takes about 45- 1 hour to prepare, depending on experience. I take about 30-45 minutes to make it. I have also made Chicken Pad Thai, but I prefer making Shrimp Pad Thai, it takes less time to make. Anyways enough chit-chat, here I will post MY recipe for Shrimp Pad Thai, and YES the picture is the one I made. Once again, Thank you to all of you great people who read my blog. I greatly appreciate it. :)


Shrimp Pad Thai
Ingredients:
 16 ounces Thai rice noodles (linguini width)
15-30 medium precooked shrimp
2-3 cups bean sprouts
4-5 green onions
1/3 cup dry roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
2-3 Tbsp. vegetable oil for stir-frying 
Lime wedges for serving
10-12 Tbsp. Pad thai sauce
Dash of salt and pepper (optional)

Preparation:

  1. Cook the Thai rice noodles according to the package directions.
  2. Chop the onions in about half inch long pieces, and set aside with the bean sprouts.
  3. In a large wok or pan, heat up the vegetable oil and add shrimp, green onions and bean sprouts, mix them together with half of the Pad Thai sauce. Mix evenly. Add dash of salt and pepper for taste.
  4. Drain noodles and add them to the pan. Add the remaining Pad Thai sauce. 
  5. Mix the sauce into the Pad Thai evenly. 

Enjoy!  :)












No comments:

Post a Comment